Pages

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Reflection of 2015

2015 has been an amazing experience for me, because of how close our friendships have become here at Point England School with how we communicate and how we learn in the digital world.

This year we had heaps of trips, special people coming to visit us like Andrew Patterson, we went to Polyfest, Year 8 leadership camp, students from Tamaki College to talk to the Year 8’s and preparing them for college for next year and there's one more trip to come…  we're going to Parakai.

Since I only came last year in 2014 it was really great for my first time in a new school, seeing new faces and having new teachers in different learning areas.

The bond that everyone had with each other was really amazing they cared for each other and helped one another if we weren’t having a great day. Each and everyone are all different.

We have different cultures from other people and they had learn’t more about their own cultures and other people’s culture to be more pride of who they are and what comes for them in the future.

For the new teachers in team 5 they did pretty well for their first time in Point England School and having faith in the students learning.

My home class teacher is Mr Wiseman. He’s great to be honest for his first time on the first day, I wanted to to be in his class when I first met him, when he introduced himself.

I remember when Mrs Tele’a was calling out the names for the class, I was the first one in the whole block to be called out that was really awkward. Mr Wiseman is a really good teacher he boosted everyone's confidence throughout the year and made everyone participate in all the activities that came up.

Being in his class has made me think twice about my actions and the words that come out of my mouth. The first Term we had with Mr Wiseman was really not so great I didn't want to do stuff in the classroom and just played around and follow the people in my class because I thought that's what you were supposed to do in class that made you get attention from other people.

But when Mr Wiseman told me in Term 1 “ That's not how you behave in class and if you still do it in College it will get u no where in life and do you really want that in your report to let your parents see what you have been upto.”

I’ve changed from Term 1 to Term 4 by my Attitude, behaviour, actions, of what I say and knowing more people to be my friend and not just hanging out with a certain crowds but always bouncing around to other people to see if they want to play a game or just chill out if we don’t want to play around when it’s hot.

The teachers helped us with our learning and our problems. At my old school it’s really different from Point England. The learnings different, the teachers way of teaching us was different, the bond that everyone has together with the other students, the teachers and the rules that we have.

I have Mrs Tele’a as a Numeracy teacher. She’s a really good teacher she is the leader of this block and the leader of the team. She helped everyone when she had time. Usually she worked with each group, in the time that she had with us. How she taught students was really cool because even if a student said the answer wrong she didn’t just say “ NO THAT’S WRONG” she always replied nicely with a great response.

Mrs Tele’a cared for each and every other student in the block like they were her own children. But when the students were misbehaving she still loved them with care and kindness.

My favorite memory was the Year 8 leadership camp. We learnt how to lead others into success. I still remember the Fiafia night when we were at camp, it was so cool seeing other groups get up on the stage and giving it their best. I love that the teachers participated in the activities that they provided for us to have fun in the activities. When we left we knew when we arrive in Term 2 that we will lead the school when we go and we will leave Point England School to the next year 8’s  that will learn how to lead the school into making their dream a reality.
This is my last year at Point England school. I’m going to College next year I am going to Auckland Girls Grammar School. I heard it’s a really good school I can’t wait. Point England School has helped me with what I wanna be and what I wanna do with my life when I get older.

I officially want to be a pro lacrosse player. Since the game is now becoming popular I’ve seen people play and it’s an interesting game. To be a  pro Lacrosse player I will practice and show up to trainings and give it my 100%.

This year I rate myself a 9/10. Because I was always getting in trouble for talking too much in class and not talking about what we were learning about than talking about what was happening yesterday. What I'm going to focus on next year and the years after I choose to focus more on my education to see if  I’ve done pretty well and achieving more goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.