Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

Future Aspirations



Future Aspirations

Yesterday Morning, in the year 7 and 8’s, we heard from some inspired people. The Inspired people were Louis Gordon Latty and Marcus Winter, but he is known as the “ Sand Man.” They talked to us about how Andrew Patterson found them.

The first speaker was, Andrew Patterson. Andrew Patterson talked to us about how he finds inspiring people to talk to us about their lives and what they do for a living. During his talk to us he was talking to us about some quotes that he thinks that is really inspiring. Some of the quotes that i really like is: “ Do more of what makes you AWESOME.” I really like that quote because it means that what you like to do for life and someone's telling you that you can't do it you do it even bigger. Andrew Patterson is really inspiring he finds amazing, inspiring and awesome people so they can inspire kids like us, to lead us to what we want to be when we grow up.

After Andrew Patterson, was another speaker. His name was Marcus Winter, he is known as the “ Sandman.”  Andrew Patterson saw how Marcus Winter made Sand Art and he thought it was really awesome Eventually when he came to talk to us, he talked to us about how he was busking and transported from the Otara streets to Queen Street. While he was in Queen Street. He was talking to us about how he was in Otara streets how he was thinking, how he was thinking was “ how he does his work and where he does his work” he was telling us about how he transported from Otara streets to Queen streets in the city. After All, he was talking to us about how he started his sand art carrier. Meanwhile in his talk he was talking about when Afterwards it was coming to the end of his speech. I think he was really inspiring to the people that really want to be creative with their art. Marcus Winter is really creative with his Sand Art.

However the next guest speaker came to talk to us about what he does for a living. His name was Louis Gordon Latty. Afterwards he asked us the question “ Who wishes to watch their own sport games like Basketball, Netball and rugby etcetera etcetera.” everyone replied but they didn't reply like saying yes or no, but they replied from putting there hands up, Mostly everybody put there hands up. Afterwards he asked us if we all wanted to watch a Basketball game from last night, afterwards he put a game on the big TV. What Louis does for a living is that, he makes a app, to watch your own game that captures everything in the game.

Afterwards it was coming to an end to the future aspiration speakers. After all of the speakers, like usual three of the prefects have to say thank you for your participation in the future aspirations then the prefects gave them a little present from all of the year 7 and 8’s. When we came back to class, in my head I was thinking what would I be when I grow up. When I saw Marcus Winter just standing i asked him if he has any words for people that wanted to be a dancer when they grow up, so he just said to keep practicing, make your own choreography and lastly make your own dance crew. Afterwards he said to me if you want to be a dancer you need another job to do. Now that's what i like about future aspirations because they can inspire you to be anything.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Leila I really liked your writing it was really interesting. Although I think that you could improve on some of your sentences, because just a few of them didn't really make sense. Like this one... Yesterday Morning, in the year 7 and 8’s, we heard from some inspired people. And like this one aswell... He was talking to us about how he was in Otara streets how he was thinking, how he was thinking was “ how he does his work and where he does his work” But other than that I loved your writing. Awesome work Leila!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexis

      Thank you for your lovely comment. I will look carefully next time and making sure I make sense in my next story thank you for spearing your time to come and comment on my blog writing, Thank you.

      Kind Regards
      Leila
      P.E.S
      R1

      Delete
    2. Hi Alexis

      Thank you for your lovely comment. I will look carefully next time and making sure I make sense in my next story thank you for spearing your time to come and comment on my blog writing, Thank you.

      Kind Regards
      Leila
      P.E.S
      R1

      Delete
    3. Hi Alexis

      Thank you for your lovely comment. I will look carefully next time and making sure I make sense in my next story thank you for spearing your time to come and comment on my blog writing, Thank you.

      Kind Regards
      Leila
      P.E.S
      R1

      Delete
    4. Hi Alexis

      Thank you for your lovely comment. I will look carefully next time and making sure I make sense in my next story thank you for spearing your time to come and comment on my blog writing, Thank you.

      Kind Regards
      Leila
      P.E.S
      R1

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.