Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Fia Fia

Fia Fia
Bula Vinaka!

This year the whole school is doing Fia Fia for a very special occasion. Everyone has joined different groups, I’m in the Fijian group. We  have learnt lots of moves and at the moment we are in the second verse of the song. Our dance moves are very traditional.

Our tutors are really funny. Their names are Mel and Mitty, and they already know what to do. When we get things wrong they know what we should do instead and correct us. We have really funny tutors. We have practices every Thursday at 2:00pm.

It is amazing being in the Fijian group. It’s really fun because I never knew that much about my culture but now I know  a lot about where I come from. We have really sharp dance moves that starts slow in the beginning and ends really fast. We have really nice songs and we are dancing to a Fijian band called “ Black Rose”. It’s an awesome song. I really enjoy my group. It’s really a lot of fun.


I can’t wait to perform cause It’s my first time doing a Fijian dance and It’s the first time the school is doing a Fijian group.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leila!

    What an awesome post you have posted! Your tutors must be really funny. I can not wait to perform for fiafia. Nana and Papa are selling donuts there, so I might be there a bit early. Keep up the awesome work and can't wait to watch you!

    From Hannah >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leila,

    Your post about Fiafia is amazing. I love how you tell everyone that you love being in the Fijian group. If you have time you an fix up the mistakes you have made. Thats only if you have time to. But other than that.....Well Done! Keep up the amazing work Leila!!

    Jordenne:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.