Pages

Thursday 8 May 2014

My Science experiment

Science experiment:

Question: What will happen to the sound if I cut the straw shorter and blow through it?

Links to research about Sound:

Hypothesis: (What do you think will happen?) e.g. I think that….
it might sound different, sounding higher if I cut It shorter
Materials needed:
straw, scissors
Experiment (procedure):
e.g. Step 1 - crease straw 2-3cm on one end

Step 2 - cut creased straw into a triangle shape.blow air into cut end

Step 3 - listen to the sound it makes

Step 4 - cut the straw shorter

Step 5 - blow on the cut end and listen


Data (What happened?)
15cm
makes a loud sound
10cm
sound was higher
5cm
sound was more higher pitched

Observations:
When it was 15cm it made a loud sound. I cut it 10 cm shorter and the sound went higher.When it was 5cm the sound was more higher pitched.

Conclusion:
The straw sounded high pitched when I cut it shorter. My hypothesis was correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.